Updated: Dec 27, 2020
This sweet fluffy goodness goes great with soup, coffee, or even alone. It is just good! Super easy to make and feel free to use any single flour you prefer.
1 ½ Cup of Cornmeal
2 cups of Wheat Flour
½ cup of Coconut Flour
1 Cup of Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp of Baking Powder
1 tsp of Himalayan Pink Salt
2/3 cup of sunflower oil
¼ cup of fresh chopped Chives
1/3 cup of melted vegan butter
2 tbsp of Honey
2 ½ cups of Oak Milk
1. In your “Dry” bowl add the cornmeal, flours, sugar, baking powder, & salt. Stir until its mixed well. Set aside.
2. In your “Wet” bowl add the oil, butter, honey, milk, & eggs*. Mix well until its smooth.
3. Using a mixer or by hand slowly add the “wet” into the “dry”. I mix until its really creamy almost like a cake batter consistency. Finally sprinkle the chives into the batter.
4. Pour the batter into your greased & floured pan (9x13) and cook for 40 minutes at 375 degrees. Take it out and add another layer of honey and butter on top. Cover with foil very lightly for another 5-10 minutes.
5. Take out and Enjoy, hot, cold, or anywhere in between.